Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day

Oh, how I love Mother's Day. There is just something special about feeling like I am a part of this exclusive club... I have special friends and a cousin that I have shared every one of my Mother's Day's with. It makes me realize how special those other mothers are to me - how they have helped me through these past 16 years. I am so grateful for all of the other women in my life - my own mother, step-mom, aunts, sisters-in-law and my grandma's who have passed on.

It's always an outdoorsy day for us - going to the park, planting flowers, working in the garden. I can't say that I am waited on hand and foot, but the kids do try to make it special in their own ways (especially the little girls - they love making me lunch). The gifts are usually hand made, and just hearing them say "Happy Mother's Day" makes my heart sing. My days are so filled with busy-ness that I am looking forward to this Sunday when I know that I can leave everything alone for at least one day, and enjoy my family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will send you a box next time they are on sale at Target! I heart you too!